My little Girl

Tuesday, August 28, 2007










How did we get from this itty bitty little fragile thing to this happy, active little girl. Time has gone by fast ... too fast. It really does seem like just yesterday that I was freaking out about being a mom of two, and how was it possible to love this child as much as Jackson, and will this child love me as much as Jackson does, and how in the world do you get a schedule that works (sheesh ... this list could go on and on for a while). All these fears were present and more (the more would include spinal blocks, freaking out on surgery tables, and heaven forbid if something went wrong) as Kelly and I drove to the hospital at the crack of dawn to have little Miss Grace. Although the surgery did not start out as smoothly as it did with Jackson, once the spinal block drama was over, it went great. It was nice to be coherent this time and really enjoy the experience (especially having my mom in there telling me stories during the procedure). When she finally came out all I could think of was that "she's here, she's finally here!" Everything that I was so consumed with before was gone in an instant. All that really mattered was that I had this beautiful, dark haired, wrinkly, precious little girl that I was blessed enough to have as my daughter. It was so silly of me to worry because this beautiful girl is and always has been mine. How truly grateful I am for her in my life and I can't wait to see what the future holds.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRACIE! I love you!





1 comments:

sheena said...

Hi there! I'm a friend of Hayley's and I've peeked at your blog from time to time. Just wanted to say I LOVE your pics and your kids are too cute!