California or Bust

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Lucky me, I turned 30 this year! Contrary to popular belief, it's not so bad. Thirty is the new twenties after all. Plus, it wasn't that big of a change considering all year I've told people I was already thirty. It really bugged Kelly that I was rounding up when I didn't have too. Honestly, I just kept forgetting that it hadn't happened yet. I've already had 3 kids, been married 7 years, it seemed logical for me to be that old already. No big deal! As for many of your questions:
No, your face doesn't fall off when you hit the big 3-0!
Yes, you can still remember where you parked the car! and,
No, you do not stop breaking out. I know, bummer!






The great benefit of having a "big" birthday is your husband does something extra special and nice. Kelly saved up some vacation time so that we could go as a family to California, which is all I really wanted to do this summer. It was great! We were fortunate enough to be able to stay at my sisters house in Ladera Ranch and play with her family while we were there. As you can tell, Jackson had a blast! Granted, he has fun pretty much wherever he is, but still, he really loved it. Grace spent most of her time in awe of her cousin, who can walk and everything.







We played at the beach, hit Sea World for a day, wandered around, window shopped, and ate yummy food. What more could a girl ask for. The only sad part, was that at one point or another, we were all horribly sick. What we thought was just bad allergies, turned horribly wrong. The kids looked awful, but were real troopers. Grace probably looked the worse, but she never really complained so it wasn't so bad. You just felt really bad for her! Jackson would not let it slow him down, so instead we had to constantly run after him with a tissue and of course, remind him to "cover your mouth when you cough". All that aside, it was a great week and a wonderful way to spend a 30th birthday! Thanks Kelly for taking us out there and
thanks Maggie, Jon, and little Miss Sayler for a great time! We can't wait to play again!


3 comments:

AHEM said...

okay, so when i turn 30 be ready for a phone call. you are so optimistic about it. i love it.

Nielsen Family said...

Happy Birthday Mandy! I am glad that you all had a great time. I hope that I will look as great as you, when I am thirty and have had 3 kids.

Marnee Marriott said...

OK... happy birthday, and yes, you do look great, but I have to comment on your beach pics... BEAUTIFUL! I'm soooo taking pointers from you next time. I can't believe you called me for advice on beach shots. These are seriously beautiful. Next summer - we're going to CA and you are hired to do some family pics.