A Day at the Farm

Monday, October 15, 2007

We spent the day at Schnepf Farms down in Queen Creek the other weekend. We went with the Marriott family and had a great time. It was definitely fun to pretend that it was fall here in sunny (and unseasonably warm) Arizona. Surprisingly with 5 kids, under the age of 3, we didn't have any problems. No melt downs and no tantrums. What a day!


Jackson loved the airplane ride and of course, the train around the park. He even was brave enough to try the roller coaster. That doesn't mean that he liked it though. I had to be brave and ride it with him even though I do NOT like roller coasters, but hey, this is what we do for our kids, right? I mustered up all my courage and rode the old rickety thing for him. I even screamed with glee and tried to get him all pumped up for the big ride. It didn't work. By the first drop, he was done. I spent the rest of the time fighting my urge to say, " I know Jackson, I hate it too!" Instead, I feigned enthusiasm and tried to comfort my son. This mothering thing is hard work.


Gracie loved the pig races! She loves animals and thought they were so funny! As expected, by the end of the day, we were dusty, tired and ready for a long nap. Sadly, Kelly and I had to wait until we got home, but the kids fell fast asleep once we started the drive.

5 comments:

AHEM said...

looks like you guys had a blast. i love the picture of jackson i the corn and gracie is sure turning into an arizona girl with her shirt like that. whatever you have to do to keep cool, right? with a belly like that i guess you can't help but show it off. "woohoo!" (pretend i'm flailing my arms)

Tiffany said...

K, we definitely missed out. What a fun day. We need to go and do this wild roller coaster. What a good mom you are for going. I would have wussed out.

Mandy said...

Don't be too proud of me Tiffany. The roller coaster was really tiny. They did however, make you go around it three times before your turn was over. I kept counting down with Jackson hoping that would help (for both of us).

tyandlinds said...

what in the world, grace's shirt?!? did you teach her that...? that is the funniest thing to me for some reason.

Mandy said...

I did not teach Grace the art of the shirt tucking. Oddly, Kelly did it when I wasn't looking and this is what I found when I turned back around. I don't think that's something fathers should be teaching their daughters, but ... it was pretty funny. As long as it was only a one time thing. Let's hope!