Church Easter Party

Monday, March 24, 2008

I love watching kids at an Easter egg hunt! Nothing could be better. Grace did pretty well, until she got distracted by the new discovery that there were treats inside the eggs. A girl after my own heart!
Jackson was off and knew exactly what to do this year. A vast improvement from last year. Let's just say that when you walk right behind your friend the whole time, you don't find that many eggs in your basket at the end.
* (sound like someone else you know Maggie?)
He found so many right at the beginning that his basket got a little too full. So, Kelly and I kept sneaking some out so that it gave some other kids a chance to find a few more. No worries, he didn't notice. After the Easter egg hunt we had a few activities available for the kids. There was decorating Easter eggs, a craft, a relay race, cookie decorating, and sidewalk chalk. I'll let you take a guess as to which ones my kids stayed at the whole time. Here's a hint, our clothes did not get any dye on them and we did not win any extra candy from a relay, and the craft table had a few extra projects at the end of the day. All in all, we had a great time! Can't wait for next year.


5 comments:

Jenni said...

I miss the Easter party! We don't do anything like that here....and because I'm a slacker mom...that means my kids have no Easter Egg hunts or activities. (OK - we did dye eggs.)

I love Grace's little outfit. Ah, girls....

Nielsen Family said...

The look on Jackson's face is priceless!!

smith scratch said...

I love the hunt too...mine were just too dang quick to get any photos.
They are adorable.
We miss you guys too.
I feel like my boys are growing like crazy too, it's kinda creepy! :]

smith scratch said...

by "they are adorable", I meant Grace and Jackson.

P. Family said...

I love the angles you got with the photos of the kids. I can't believe Grace, she is getting so big. Jackson is such a cute silly boy. I hope we can see you all again soon.

Love and miss you!!

Chantelle