Jackson's Birthday Celebration!

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Jackson had about a week long of celebrating for his birthday this year. It all started with bringing cupcakes to school (the day before his birthday) to share with his classmates. They of course had to eat their orange slices first. Some enjoyed them more than others.
The cupcakes were a hit!The day of his birthday, we played at home, he got to pick where we went out to lunch, and then go and pick out his birthday cake. This year, he wanted a cake from the store and I was happy to oblige. Less stress and no mess! Once Kelly got home, we got ready to meet the Gardiner's and the Hill's for a pizza dinner. It was great and I think the kids had a fun time together.
After dinner, we went straight home to open presents and eat cake. Opening the presents took a total of about 4 minutes. He has become a pro and definitely could not contain his enthusiasm! It was so great to see how excited he was over every little thing! It definitely made it more fun this year.
The birthday cake, that he picked out, was not as wonderfully as he had hoped. He did enjoy blowing out the candles, but after the first bite, he was done. So much for that, but since this was not the first birthday cake of the month, I was definitely not heart broken!It is, however, always better when you share it with someone you love.*Since this is only the half way point in our month of birthday chaos, there will be more pictures posted soon.*

7 comments:

tyandlinds said...

those are sweet. i am waiting for your ode to yourself birthday blog. :)jackson is such a cute kid. your family is just adorable.

Courtney said...

Glad he had a good birthday! I love every picture..I feel like I was there.

Hayley said...

FYI. I stole that last picture. They will need it for their wedding video. Right?

Jenni said...

Oranges?! Who makes their kid eat oranges on their birthday?! Freaky nutrition conscious preschools...

Sad we missed the festivities. Yummm.....caaaaaake....

Auburn said...

So glad I got to have lunch with you today - what a treat! I'm sure we were a complete spectacle with our spastic kids at Einstein's, but oh well! I'm still waiting to get your e-mail address from Court and I'll send you that diet!!

The Musings Of Mothers said...

Missing your updates! hope you get un- busy soon:)

Anonymous said...

So you have not met me, but I am Kelly's 13th best friend. Tell him I say hello and I will be calling him soon. Your kids are adorable

J.R.